Alcohol Action Ireland are looking to recruit a Head of Communications and Advocacy to increase awareness and understanding of Alcohol Action Ireland’s work to reduce alcohol-related harm and engage and grow support for our advocacy activities.
Location: Coleraine House, Coleraine Street, Dublin 7
Apply by: 5pm on Friday, February 17, 2017
Position / Title: Head of Communications and Advocacy
Reporting to: CEO
Contract type: Full-time
How to apply: Applicants should email their CV, including a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alcohol Action Ireland is a national charity working to reduce alcohol harm.
We are an independent voice for advocacy and policy change, working to reduce levels of alcohol-related harm in Ireland and improve health, safety and wellbeing for all.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Communications and Advocacy will be responsible for delivering the communications strategy for Alcohol Action Ireland.
You will increase awareness and understanding of Alcohol Action Ireland’s work to reduce alcohol-related harm and engage and grow support for our advocacy activities.
- Contribute to the strategic and operational planning of Alcohol Action Ireland.
- Develop and implement Alcohol Action Ireland’s communications strategy.
- Manage all external communications – traditional media, digital, and campaigns.
- Act as media contact and spokesperson for Alcohol Action Ireland.
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists and monitor the external communications environment.
- Provide media counsel, support, and briefing materials for spokespeople.
- Media evaluation and reporting.
- Manage production of Alcohol Action Ireland’s publications.
- Collaborate with a variety of organisations on projects of joint interest.
- Represent Alcohol Action Ireland on working groups and committees.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in communications or journalism.
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Commitment to public health principles.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to assimilate complex information and quickly formulate responses.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly, both internally and externally.
- Strong networking and influencing skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Project management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- CMS knowledge and a good understanding of social media and the broader digital landscape.
- Ability to work on own initiative and consult where appropriate.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
Please submit both a CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, February 17, 2017.