Alcohol Action Ireland Privacy Statement
Alcohol Action Ireland is committed to protecting your privacy. Alcohol Action Ireland endeavours to comply with its obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is effective from 25th May 2018.
Most aspects of Alcohol Action Ireland’s website can be accessed without providing any personal information. There are some exceptions:
- Website users who wish to join the Alcohol Health Alliance and receive regular updates on the progress of the Public Health (Alcohol) Act 2018 provide their email details to Alcohol Action Ireland.
- Website users who register to receive information about the ‘Silent Voices’ campaign.
- Website users who register to receive the Alcohol Action Ireland newsletter.
Information collected in these instances is not used for any other purpose, in accordance with GDPR principles.
- Information submitted to the Campaigns page will be erased on enactment of the legislation.
- Email details provided to the Alcohol Health Alliance will be retained until the full implementation of the legislation is achieved.
- Email details provided to the Silent Voices project will be retained until the conclusion of the campaign
- Email details provided for the Alcohol Action Ireland newsletter, will be retained until the newsletter is no longer issued.
What other information do we collect?
Alcohol Action Ireland and/or its contractors collect data on visitors to the site. This is done through keeping records of IP addresses which you use to access our site. The information is used by us on an aggregate basis only to assess levels of traffic to the site and the areas of the site users are accessing. We do not collect and evaluate this information for others.
Certain parts of Alcohol Action Ireland’s website also use ‘cookies’. A ‘cookie’ is a file send to your browser by the Alcohol Action Ireland website in a faster and more efficient manner. We do not use ‘cookies’ to collect or store personal information. You can change the settings on your browser to refuse all ‘cookies’. However, you should note that disabling ‘cookies’ may result in some parts of the site not working efficiently or in slower downloads.
Alcohol Action Ireland may provide links to external websites. This includes links to our Facebook and Twitter social media channels. Alcohol Action Ireland has no control over the privacy policies of these sites and would encourage you to exercise discretion when providing information to such sites.
For the purposes of complying with data protection obligations under GDPR, Alcohol Action Ireland confirms that it is a data controller in relation to personal information held about you. The purposes for which Alcohol Action Ireland may hold information given by you via this website and for which Alcohol Action Ireland envisages processing your personal data are:
- Email addresses submitted by users who wished to join the Alcohol Health Alliance and receive information on the progress of the legislation
- Email addresses submitted by users who requested to be informed of work relating to the Silent Voices campaign
- Email addresses submitted by users who requested to receive the Alcohol Action Ireland newsletter.
This information is not used for any other purpose.
Right of Access, Rectification or Erasure.
If you wish to make a Subject Access Request, have your personal data corrected or erased, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Alcohol Action Ireland, Coleraine House, Coleraine Street, Dublin 7. We undertake to respond to your request within 40 calendar days.